How to Use Your Own Home Page - Internet cafe software
Written by Kevin Klimack | Former CyberCafePro Owner and SEO Specialist
If you have questions on anything that may not be covered here please contact me.
This is an exclusive article for those on the CyberCafePro ICS Email List. Please Bookmark as it is not linked on the main site!
While you are here please sign-up for the InternetCafeSoftware.com mailing list. This email list is not the same as The CyberCafePro mailing list which may have brought you here!
Please use the green button to the right to sign up. Thanks for your support!
How to Use Your Own Home Page
CyberCafePro has a feature which takes control of your browsers homepage.
This is not malware or a virus. It is the way the software kept CyberCafePro free for so long.
This article shows you how to by-pass this much disliked feature!
- Open your CyberCafePro Client Software
- Go to the Admin area
- Choose “Launchpad Setup..”
- Choose Your “Internet” Program group. It doesn’t have to be here but it will be much easier for customers to find the button.
- Usually here you would setup a website address. Instead set this button up as a “Program”.
- Map the address to the exe of the browser you want to use. ex. c:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
- Below the in the “Parameters” field enter the full URL of the website you want to launch to: ex. https://www.internetcafesoftware.com
- Setup the rest of the button however you choose so it stands out to the customer.
- Save your work.
These steps should allow you to launch your CyberCafePro Client home page to where you want. Ahhh freedom!
Comment and let us know how it worked for you!